Tuesday, January 4, 2011


Okay, so my "December To -Do's" turned into my "December Didn'ts." I'm not sure if I was being overly ambitious, unrealistic, or just plain dillusional in thinking I could get all that done. I would like to think that had I not spent the entire first week of Christmas being sick or taking care of other people being sick, I would have gotten some of it done.
That being said, I made good use of the first Monday in January and got three of my projects done. Here's the first:

Dyed Again

Tired of my chevron rug always looking dirty (darn those kids and their dirty feet!) I decided to add a second color. Originally I planned on doing the entire undyed sections a color, then I thought I would experiment with a white space between the colors. So I taped off my border.

Then started dying.

Once the dye was a little dry I removed the tape. The finished product:



{tip: be sure to tape off the rug binding! I neglected to do this the first time and wish that I had.}

I don't like it as much as the first, but it definitely adds some color! Once I finished dying it, I realized that if I was leaving a space between the colors I could have just added another strip of green. Sigh. Live and learn.

*On a side note, I'm almost done with my alphabet wall! Only 9 more letters to go!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I'd prefer the rug with the additional chevrons in the same green. Maybe if the rug was for a more formal setting like your front hall or dining room, but for a child's room, I like the turquoise stripe!

    I think it brings out the chalkboard frame & bedding turquoise colours quite nicely. Wonderful idea with the wall of letters & a great site.