Friday, February 10, 2012

Girls' Room Progress



I've had these pitcures ready to go for awhile now, but our computer fan is broken and I can only use it in short bursts, so posting has gotten pushed back.  I've made so much progress in the last month and a half. Though this room is not complete,  I've moved on to the next two rooms in the hopes of having them all almost done before the baby comes (one more month!).



My husband helped me upholster some headboards.
I've been sewing pillows like crazy.


DIY ombre curtains plus DIY bunting.
(inspired by this)



The closet! I am so happy with how this turned out! I still need to repaint the LOVE frames and add a fun poster to the large frame on top of the armoire. Hooks for dress ups and bags help keep things organized along with Ikea spice racks turned book holders.

The LOVE frames originally hung somewhere else and were reloctaed here and are made out of maps.


The framed butterflies are craft store butterflies I got on clearance and put in a shadow box frame.
(A fun way to add Pantone's color of the year: tangerine.)


This chair was originally rescuded from the trash and in bad shape. I do not love how it turned out. I'm  not sure if it's the color alone or the color fabric combo.


(before)


Art

 The fabric covered buttons are covered in my girls' baby clothes! I love this! I can't remember where  I saw the idea, but it's a lovely way to add something special the the space. It makes me smile very time I see it.



I decided to temporarily swap out the little painted chair for this one, that has been floating around my house. I'm not sure if I like this one either, but it will stay for now.


The tulip pillow is made out of quilt square that my maternal grandmother made before she died (when my mom was 14).

 I love mixing vintage with contemporary and heirlooms are the best way to do it!


I still need to paint the dresser, find some lamps, and add some art, but it feels so good to have this much done!

2 comments:

  1. wow, sarah! it looks like such a happy place! i love it! that armoire is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The closet is so cool, Sarah! I love all the color in that room.

    ReplyDelete