Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just another bow holder

At the beginning of last week I decided that I couldn't take the jumbled mess that was our bow basket any longer. It was time to make an organized, more attractive, storage piece. I turned to the web for inspiration and decided to go with using an old frame.

I've had this frame from Ikea (along with a lot of other people - this frame is all over blog land!) for awhile. I just love it! I painted it white last year for a project I never followed through with and thought it would be perfect for what I had in mind.



Nothing new here: I took some ribbon I had and hot glued it across the frame and added some fabric to the back.





I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'm sure my measurements aren't exact since I eyeballed it. But since it will be covered up by hair things I didn't think it mattered too much!





I am loving how easy it is to find what I am looking for when doing hair. With three girls I need things to be fast and efficient.

Of course since I was making a cute hair accessory holder I decided that I might as well go ahead and paint and decorate the bathroom. For some reason I thought this would only take a couple of days! Ha!

I'll give you little sneak peeks this week as I add some finishing touches.




I used the left over paint from my playroom, which is much more yellow than this picture indicates. I get such horrible lighting in my house!


I'm hoping to finish up re-painting the step stool and giving some cute little elephants a make over tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love it! Look at all that color! That frame is wonderful, but every time I pass it in Ikea I just look at the price and walk on! Is that bad? I want it for less than $20! Ha! It's a great frame...someday, I will have it!

    ReplyDelete