Monday, November 8, 2010

Maps and Globes

Did I say I would be back Wednesday? Oops. I guess it was more like Monday...almost Tuesday...But here I am and LOVING the use of maps and globes in home decor.


Isn't this giant wall mural in Centsational Girl's playroom great?


This is something I'm considering trying for the four large STILL empty frames in my playroom: Paper collage pictures over a map background.



This image is from an Ethan Allen Magazine and I love that they are not the usual maps, but black and white street maps. It gave me the idea that it would be fun to google maps of places you've been (or want to go) and create a memory wall/time line of your life in maps. Something I'm considering for my entry hallway.




I am completely enchanted by globes lately and would LOVE to start a collection. Globes are definitely something I keep an eye out for when I go thrifting.




These are actual maps that were put up like wallpaper. An even easier way to do it? Tacks. Easy to put up, easy to take down. Just make sure they are up high and behind shelves to keep little fingers from tearing!


No comments:

Post a Comment