Monday, November 15, 2010

Art Week

I have always loved art. I think I was one of the only kids who was thrilled with my 4th grade field trip to the Crocker Art Museum, and whose favorite day of the week was when the art docent came. So it has long been a dream of mine to have the walls of my home look like a gallery. Here are some pieces I'm considering for my family and dining rooms. You might be surprised that only two artist are featured in these selections, one of whom is Picasso. Picasso seems most recognized by his cubism inspired paintings and sketches. But I am drawn to his paintings from in the realism style and the paintings from The Rose period.








The other artist is a man by the name of Amedeo Modigliani. He was a contemporary of Picasso's and his paintings were largely portraits. His portraits are heavily influenced by his love of sculpture and African masks.




{More Picasso}




No comments:

Post a Comment