Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Paste Collage Inspiration

{Inspiration One}


I'm just going to come out and say that this first project didn't turn out exactly the way I envisioned. While standing in the check out line at Michael's (mourning my forgotten coupon), I spotted these rub-ons in the dollar bins:




Vintage chairs - one of my favorite things. I immediately thought of Pastesf's chair collection and grabbed a sheet thinking there must be something I can do with them.

I found some unused frames and scrapbook paper and went to work.




Overall, an easy project, but I should have put a little more thought into it before I started rubbing.





I rubbed the chairs directly onto the glass so that paper can easily be changed behind it to create a new look for a new room.
Not bad, but I wish there had been different styled chairs.




{Inspiration Two}

This next project I'm really excited about. They turned out so cute!
I combined these two things:

...and came up with something that is going to go perfectly in my daughter's dress up area.








All I need is two more frames and some yellow paint to complete the project!

These were so much fun to create and really easy. I hand drew and cut each shoe and embellishment (except for the flowers, which I owe to my Cricut), and then taped them onto the paper so I could change out the background if later I decided on white or a different color.

All I have to say is collage is my new friend and I'm definitely thinking some more projects may surface in the future! Can you just see adorable cupcakes and cute kitties?

Feeling inspired? Email me your collage creations and inspirations! I'll feature my favorites.

{Wanting to be true to the spirit of collage? Grab some decoupage and put your paper on canvas!}

No comments:

Post a Comment