Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inspiration board - Baby's nursery


Yesterday I received some surprising news (more on that later) that necessitated me putting my nursery on hold - for a little bit. I don't think I can resist not doing something. But to curb my disappointment I went to Olio Boards and made an inspiration board to lay out my plans for the room.

I'd like to paint the room a gender neutral color, like Behr's French Grey. It's a very cool bluish grey and I love it. I want to use yellow and vintage pieces to warm up the space. The mirror above the crib is almost exactly like one I bought at HomeGoods last month for $10 on clearance. I have plans to paint it a bold, golden yellow. I love that bird mobile and was going to make my own version. I may still make one, but it will be slightly different so it can transfer to a big girl room and be hung on the wall. Yellow chevron curtains. I have a vintage chair that is a golden color. The chair is amazing and would look even more amazing in a teal! But reupholstering wont happen until it finds it's final destination.

I actually have that exact same mirrored cabinet in my living room. It comes in three separate pieces and the middle, largest, piece was damaged in the first shipment. They sent another and told me to keep the damaged piece. I wasn't sure what to do with it until my friend's husband said he could fix it. He did an amazing job and it currently holds my baby's clothes. I want to hang a picture collage above the dresser using classic and modern art, include a letter B, and a plate from my grandmother's china collection.


If you've never tried Olio Boards - you must! But watch out - it's addicting!

No comments:

Post a Comment